Our first generation Tentacle will not be continued. Of course, we will give support and provide spare parts for next years.
Tentacles are basically timecode generators completely stripped-down to what you really need: They are accurate, small, lightweight, smart and easy to use devices. The versatile timecode output of Tentacle will allow you to connect Tentacles to nearly every kind of camera or recorder. From a DSLR to an ARRI Alexa, Tentacle works with them. Once connected, you can leave Tentacles on your equipment for the whole day because Tentacles stay frame-accurate for 24 hours and the built-in battery lasts for up to 40 hours.
The free included timecode syncing software for macOS will help you to accelerate your syncing workflow from shooting to post-production.
- Super small (34 x 50 x 16 mm) and lightweight (30 g / 1 oz)
- Frame rate and TC output level setup via software-app (OSX, Windows, iOS, Android)
- DSLR-ready: Switchable mic/line output + build-in microphone for reference sound
- Generates all SMPTE timecode rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 29.97DF and 30 FPS
- Compatible with all professional equipment: Uses LTC timecode according to SMPTE-12M standard
- High precision TCXO: Inaccuracy less than 1 frame in 24 hours, Temperature range -30°C to +85°C
- Can act as master clock (Green Mode) or jam-sync to any external timecode source (Red Mode)
- Built-in rechargeable lithium polymer battery, lasts for up to 40 hrs, fast charging via USB (1.5 hrs)
- More than 3 years of battery life (depends on usage); Battery will be replaceable
- Integrated hook surface on back for easy mounting
- Designed and made with love in Cologne, Germany